Sunday 1 February 2015

Handknitted, hooked and other stuff

January seems to have flown passed (in more ways than one - it's been a bit blowy) leaving me rather surprised to find it is February.  

I have little stock and having made a list of 'must makes' I now need to prioritise my crafting endeavours.  Fun activities such as spinning, sewing, hooking, weaving and knitting are competing for my time.  That said I need to spin in order to get started.  So much for being ahead of the game.

I have a very good reason for taking time off  during January.   A new granddaughter arrived in the wee small hours of Christmas Eve morning.  Please note the jumper, my hands haven't been totally idle.


 I also completed a  'Welcome to our home' wall hanging.  The picture is hooked in hand spun wool and some sari silk.  I hand stitched the names onto small pieces of calico which were then sewn on to the canvas along with ceramic heart shaped buttons.   I think I will do a few more of these hangings but back them with calico rather than use artists canvas.  I will either sew a sleeve at the back or make tags so it can be hung up. 


I have also fulfilled an order for two felted hanging hearts similar to this one. 


So that's enough for now.  Before I go let me introduce you to Sheep - a birthday gift.  Many thanks I love it and am looking forward to bringing it home.  This sheep is 24" high, 31" long and 14" wide.





1 comment:

  1. You have NOT been idle!
    Love the colour and trim on Lucy's knitted cardigan.
    Can already picture you in the garden - sitting on Sheep's back with your new spinning wheel in action!
    Great start to 2015, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete